Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Number four


"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead."
-Hemingway

  Sunday afternoon we were all feeling a little grumpy and bored. Nobody could agree on an activity or think of anything to do. So, I jumped up and began gathering 'supplies'. I told everyone to get in the car and not to ask any questions. We started to drive and the wheels were turning in my head, because at that point I really had no idea where I was going to take everyone to make the evening a success. After about five minutes of driving I had an idea and we were headed for adventure number four....

 Megan was excited for the idea of a new adventure and not knowing where I was taking them.
    As we drove down a dirt road that had lots of bumps and rocks, Lance began to get a little worried about where I was taking them.
 We told Clay that he wasn't allowed to see or hear where we were going.
   While we were driving I ran over a snake and so we stopped to see if it was okay...it didn't move, but we think it was fine.
  We arrived at our destination and I told everyone we had to hike a little, so off we went. 
    This was the beautiful scenery that we got to enjoy while... 
   ...we did an activity. At home I had collected a few activities for us to do after we had found a spot. Our choices were to color or decorated a pillowcase for a friend.
   Lance decided that we should start with a pillowcase and then go from there.
   Before we started our activity I pulled out a blanket and our snack. We had graham crackers with cream cheese frosting...and it was delicious.
   After our snack, we got to work on the pillowcase that we decided to make for our mutual friend Marc Fletcher. Marc graduated Spring semester and we wanted to send him something to let him know we were all thinking of him. 
  

 This is what our finished product looked like. It's says "Hakuna Matata, it means no worries." 


   Ready to go...

   We headed back to our car with smiles on our faces and a few more memories to store in our hearts. Yet another outing turned into a successful adventure. I was pretty happy with this idea and glad that everyone enjoyed it. I have to say I'm becoming quite spontaneous and good at coming up with things to do. 
   

1 comment: