Thursday, August 2, 2012

A trip home



    Today I don't have a lot to say other than how important family is in my life. I have been living away from home for almost two years now and although it's a good learning experience for me, I have found that in the last few months, I have missed my family more and more. After a lot of thought and prayer I decided that the best remedy for my heart would be to go home and spend a little time with the people that love me the most. 





     I arrive home late Friday night and before I had even turned the car off there they were, two little blonde girls running from the front porch to welcome me home. After big hugs from my youngest sisters, Golden and Presley, my mother then came out the front door to give me a big welcoming hug and then my dad. Those hugs were the very thing that I needed. After some talking with the rest of the fam, eating pizza, and a plethora of questions from Golden and Presley, they reminded me that mom need a hair cut. I then gave my mom a hair cut and off to bed we all went.
    Saturday was spent in our little town at our Swim Day fundraiser for the town, that is held ever year. We watched a parade and after the parade we wandered around the park, ate food, and watched the entertainment that was provided by community members. After being in the hot sun we decided to spent the rest of the day at the lake, tubing and water skiing.


   Sunday came around and I got to hear my parents speak in church. What a huge blessing it was to hear the testimonies of both my parents. I have a pretty great family and I love them very much. And even though they tease me and we often make fun, I love them very much. Family is so important and I lost sight of that for a while. I began to let other things and other people take precedence over my family and I will never do that again. It was so good to go home and I can't wait to be able to go again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment