Sunday, October 7, 2012

Breaking News


Sunday
October 8, 2012
Emma Holmquist Returns for Junior year


       



         As the Fall 2012 semester drew nearer there were doubts about whether or not Holmquist would return to Brigham Young University of Idaho (BYU-I) for her Junior year. BYU-I is now in their fifth week of fallsemester classes and Holmquist is "alive and kicking", readily engaged in her classes and has a full credit load.
         "There were doubts in my mind as to whether or not I should come back this semester to start my junior year or maybe go and try something new this semester. But after deciding what I wanted to do with my degree I realized I needed to get to work." said Holmquist last week after one of her classes. She has been at BYU-I for two years now and reported that living in Rexburg for two years has been a good experience, but can weigh you down from time to time. As an Exercise Physiology Major Holmquist is taking classes such as Anatomy and Physiology and nutrition this semester and working at Tueller Counseling and the Ag. and Life Sciences Advising and keeping herself busy this semester.
        When Holmquist started at BYU-I she was set on being a Photography major with a minor in Culinary Arts, but changed last fall to Exercise Phys. with an Emphasis in Program and Design, "When I first came to BYU-I, I thought that Photography was the only thing I could handle and I enjoyed taking pictures too. But as I talked with more people and got to know myself a little better I realized that I needed to push myself more and that I was capable of so much more.  I have learned that I should challenge myself, expect more and do what I really love, it's hard and sometimes scary, but I know now that I am capable of doing hard things."
       Holmquist plans to work with women of all ages and teach them the value of self worth and body image, "I want to teach women a new definition of beauty. In the world today we are taught that we need to be a certain size or weight in order to be beautiful and accepted. But beauty is different for every women and we should remember that true beauty starts from within. I want to teach women how to be healthy through exercise and nutrition and remember that we are all different and healthy and beautiful look different on everyone."  
       With two years of her undergraduate left, Holmquist then hopes to go on to grad school to get her masters. She wants to, not only influence her family and friends, but reach out to many more women in the world. She realized the importance of coming back school after she decided on what she wanted to do with her degree. She has started to define her own beauty, through her goals and hard work and is expected to go on to do great things.

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! You are great! Good luck with everything! Those classes are tough, but so fun and rewarding :) What are you planning on doing your masters in?

    ReplyDelete