Sunday, December 11, 2011

"Slow down a little"

“We would do well to slow down a little, focus and the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most.”



This week has been a week filled with stress, frustration, confusion, and misunderstandings, for some. Why, you might ask. Well, here at BYU-Idaho it's the end of the semester, which means FINALS! I decided that I wasn't going to let finals affect me or the people around me, if I can help it.
            This week my roommate was feeling rather down so I decided that I wasn’t going to let her continue on in such a state. After she got out of the shower I promptly told her to quickly get herself ready and to make sure she looked cute. She was unsure of my excitement but wisely took faith in me and readied herself. I made her gather a few different shirts that she liked and took her on a photo shoot.  
We left Rexburg for a few hours and just took pictures and spent some quality time together. We then returned to Rexburg and went on with everything we had to do, but with a much happier attitude and motivation to get us through the week. I think that sometimes people just need to know that they are being thought of and that they are loved.
        To start off a good week I gather up a picnic basket full of a few random items to eat and then told my roommates to get in some sweatpants and grab a blanket.  We then piled into my tiny car with 7 people and drove up to the Manwaring Center (MC) on campus and had a picnic inside of one of the rooms in the MC.


         We ate snacks and just talked about the semester. We spent about two hours just being together and having fun. I was so happy to be able to spend some quality time with my roommates.  People are what matter and I have neglected to focus on the people around me and let them know that I love them very much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment