Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2012

2012
The coming and going of 2012 wasn't a momentous occasion of any sorts, but looking back I realized that, although there was nothing huge, there were a lot of little things that I learned and grew from in 2012. So in honor of that wisdom gained and that knowledge learned I will document it.

Work
In January I started working at Tueller Counseling Services and have learned many things about work ethic. I started as a LEP(little extra person), became receptionist, moved offices and helped open a office in Rexburg and am now working as a girl of many talents in two of the three offices. I was able to improve my resume' and I started a second job on campus in September as a Academic adviser in the Ag and Live Science advising. I counted all the jobs that I have had in the past four years and added a total of ten jobs. I learned this year that through hard work and an open mind to learn from co-workers, you can climb and build on your abilities in the work force.

Academic Learning
I finished two more semesters at BYU-Idaho and am now a JUNIOR. I have slowly been able to learn more and more about what I want to be in life and it's amazing to me the opportunities that are available to me through a good education and hard work. I was able to take classes not only that will help me in a career someday but also classes that have helped me to add to my "tool box" of skills. I heard once that "Women, your children deserve to have educated mothers." I loved that quote and I am here at school not only for myself but my future family.
 I took classes like Anatomy and Physiology, Visual Media, Statistics, Financing, etc. I'm not an amazing student but semester after semester I am learning how to be better and because of what I've learned I know that I will be a life long learner that will continue to grow throughout my life, because I never want to stop progressing and learning new things.

Dating
I had my first experience with a boyfriend this year and there was so much learned in that aspect of my life. I never thought that I could ever learn so much about myself through one experience. There were good and bad aspects of the relationship, but overall, despite the hurt and emotions that came with it, it is something I wouldn't take back, because of what I learned from it.

Sports
I learned how to play frisbee this year. I continued to grow my love for running and ran a relay race in September with a group of friends at school. I participated in a relay triathlon in August and swam a mile and a half. It was hard because I hadn't swam in years, but it was so fun and made me realize that it would be a lot of fun to do a triathlon by myself. New interested...triathlons.

Social 
I met so many new people this year and  developed new friendships that I hope will last throughout my life. I also lost friends that I will forever love and I wish them well. I also found a new part of me that is okay with being alone. I don't always have to have someone with me to feel like I'm okay, because I make who I am, not those that are around me. I have become someone that loves who she is and doesn't care what her friends think about her. I have figured out how to place myself in social situations and feel comfortable while being by myself and still have fun.

Overall, 2012 was a good year. There was heartaches and trials, but I was always able to pull myself to a bright place. I was always able to find my Savior who pulled me through each trial and helped me to see the good in my life. I'm grateful for all of the people that supported me and helped me to grow. So here's to 2012 for I am so very blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Emma you never fail to inspire me! You are such s great person and I really look up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma! I loved reading this! You are amazing! Thank you for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2012 was a great year for you. Can't wait to hear everything that 2013 brings!

    ReplyDelete